Sunday, October 24, 2010

Monalisa- A Dream



வார்த்தைய இது மௌனமா
வானவில் வெறும் சாயமா.......


I think these lines from the Tamil Song 'Thottu Thottu Pogum Thendral' perfectly echoes the mood of this Monalisa piece... This piece of art has always fascinated me, since I have seen a duplicate of this work at Salarjung Museum Hyderabad.  Is it just the creative genius of Da Vinci or the magnetic effect of Monalisa's enigmatic eyes that has envisaged my realm of thought in an incomprehensible manner. I don't know.... But I always feel there is a miraculous connection between me and Monalisa... As if only I can understand that its her eyes that is enigmatic and not her smile... As if only I can connect with her.. As if I am the savior for the damsel in distress.... Monalisa is calling out for me... And some where in an Art Gallery Monalisa is waiting for me, for a divine intervention.... But when I woke up from my dream, I realised it seemed a trifle unrealistic for Monalisa to wait for a silly girl like me...  I laughed at my swaggering movement to save the damsel.... (I realised, I can even be a perfect Knight at Night).... I think I should make a parody for the Hollywood flick Knightriders. Here it goes.. Knight by the Fall of Night...  Ha... Ha... I think Hollywood would be my next dream destination.. I mean my next destination in the dream tour...

Now let me be serious. This art work which has captured many a minds, never ceases to fascinate me too. I feel more than her smile, her eyes are enigmatic... Eye which speaks volumes, but still speechless like a silent witness.. Eye which holds everthing from sorrow to smile... The smile is conceived in her eyes and it is so contagious that it is passed on to the lips... But before her lips could contain it, melancholy stains her eyes... She is both damnation and salvation.. She illusions your 'self' to disillusionment...

Hmmm... Monalisa You Made Me 'a budding critic'... Watch out for more.. Yup, its a promise from 'a promising youngster'.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment