Monday, October 18, 2010

MUMBAI MADNESS

RAINS' always hold a special place in a keralite's life and so were mine. Sad to say, the day I stepped in to the busy life and organized chaos of Mumbai, the romantic saga of rains and me, somehow started falling apart. The water clogging and rubbish in Mumbai rains, dreaded me to the core. Rains became a necessary evil. Today we were walking through the bazaar (market place) almost lost in the kaleidoscope of sights and sounds around us. Aroma of mouth-watering chaats are lingering in the air... Hmmm..... I am thinking aloud... What shall I treat my taste buds with today.... Options are many!!!!???? What a trying time for a sweet glutton (Chaachan fondly calls me so when I crave for anything unhealthy.... His tricks never work.. lol...) like me. Ha.... Ha... Bazaar was throbbing with excitement. Oh..... I forgot to mention the thumping drums at the Bazaar were busy bidding farewell to Maa Durga... Jai Maa Durga... (For me, Jai Saraswati, all the same). The street vendors were busy marketing their goods and my thoughts were riding, on how to convince Chaachan (My hubby Willu) to get me a handful of warm yummy 'jilebis'.... He being a health freak (Can't blame him as he is from the health sector domain) will suggest me a healthy option like fruit juices or bananas.... ughhhh..  I should hunt for some new tricks to let him succumb to my j'ilebis'. While these thoughts were racing through my mind, suddenly I felt my vision blurring.... What was it? I tried to analyse... A tiny droplet of water... No it was a raindrop on my spectacles... It started drizzling. We discarded it, as it was very usual here. But soon enough our calculations went all wrong... It started pouring down... The raindrops started giggling coyly at me and I loved it, all the more, as it was our first episode of getting drenched together here in Mumbai... While all the people flocked together to get a roof, we were gliding through the rain water holding hands... Ho Gayi Na Mumbai Madness.... Suddenly a thought flashed through my mind... The Heavens are smiling upon me. They want to restore my broken affair with the rains... Now when I turned to my hubby he was looking hot in the wet and wild avatar...Another secret discovery, Chaachan got a better sylist in the rains..... than his 'wet and sexy' look gel.... Ha.. Ha....  All thanks to my hubby for giving a finishing touch to our unplanned 'Rain Date' with a chat-pata Masaaledaar Kurkure.... Huyi Na Sab Kuch Magical.... Now as I wipe the raindrops off , from my spectacles I know 'Rains' are an inseparable part of my life, just like my hubby's 'Pyaar Ki Barsaat'.... 'Luck By Chance' .... Ouch... I need to wash our clothes... Ha... Ha... No Pain No Gain... Sahi Hai Na..

No comments:

Post a Comment